Crab Cakes


On the 23rd of March 2013 my Mum and Aunty came to see me sing in my Spring concert. To celebrate afterwards, they took me to a restaurant and I tried some crab cakes for the first time.
I really liked them. So I decided to have ago at making them at home.
My crab cakes tasted absolutely delicious!


 








Ingredients
Spring onions
Crab meat
Breadcrumbs
Parsley
One egg
Salt
Black pepper
Oil for frying in
Lime
Garlic puree
Chilli puree


Method
Put the crab meat in a bowl and squeeze some lime juice into the bowl and mix it into the crab meat.
Add salt, black pepper, garlic puree and a tiny bit of chilli puree and mix it all together

Put the crab meat in a bowl and squeeze some lime juice
into the bowl mix it into the crab meat.
Add salt, black pepper, garlic puree and a tiny
bit of chilli puree and mix it all together











Then add parsley and mix it in.
Tip: I like onions so I added spring onions,
but if you don’t like spring onions you don’t have to add them.











Next add some breadcrumbs and mix it together.
Then beat the egg and add it to the mixture.








Roll the mixture up into little balls with your hands
 and flatten them down a little bit.
Then roll the cakes in some more breadcrumbs










Put the crab cakes on a tray in the fridge for 30 minutes















After the 30 minutes, ask an adult to fry the crab cakes in oil until they go a nice golden brown colour.
When they have cooled down a little bit you can eat them.
They are great for sharing with your friends and family.






Comments

  1. These were really yummy. The restaurant's were nice, but these were so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts