My Balcony Vegetable Garden



On Monday the 15th of July it was my schools INSET day so I decided to make a little garden on my balcony to grow my own food.
I was learning about plants in school and I was growing some grass with two other people so I decided I wanted to grow something of my own at home.

Quite a long time ago I told my mum that I wanted to grow my own food so my mum took me shopping to Homebase garden centre to get some tools, soil and seeds.

On my INSET day me and my mum finally decided to plant my seeds I’ve been wanting to plant them for ages. We couldn’t start planting before because the weather wasn’t very nice and we were very busy.
I planted cucumber, tomato, carrot and mixed mild salad leaves.
I also made special markers so I know which plant is which.
This is how I planted my seeds if you want to try it out yourself.

Supplies
Any seeds you want to plant
Garden tools. I had a spade, a fork and a rake.
Soil
Plant pot
Water tray
Tip: If you plant your seeds in summer make sure you water them often.

First I had to put the soil in the plant pot.
Next I patted it down with my spade.
After that I put the plant markers in.
Then I sprinkled my seeds on the soil and then raked them in.
Then I put more soil on the top.
Finally I watered them.
Tip: Make sure you put your plant pots in quite a sunny spot.


Here are my seeds all planted






Comments

Popular Posts