My first time making Sunday dinner!


Garlic and Herb Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
 Last Sunday, for the very first time I helped make Sunday dinner.
On the menu was garlic and herb chicken, roasted veggies, garlic mushrooms, steamed sweet corn and fresh salad.
First I had to cut and peel the garlic. My mum let me use one of her very sharp Sabatier knives. It was very hard cutting the garlic!
Next (which was one of my favourite parts!) I had to stuff the chicken with garlic cloves.
Then I had to season the chicken with ground black pepper, adobo and sazon seasoning and mixed herbs. I had to do both sides, my mum had to help me to take off some of the herbs because I put too much in one place!!!
Then I had to arrange the potatoes and onions around the chicken, drizzle them with olive oil and my mum made me put the tray in an extremely hot oven! I felt kind of frightened I would burn myself, but my mum encouraged me to give it a try so I could learn how to do it.
After that, I peeled and chopped a huge mushroom and then I put it in a foil lined tray and put some ground black pepper and garlic butter on it to give it some extra flavour.
Finally, I washed and chopped some sweet peppers, cucumber and lettuce for the salad. It was hard and if my hand wasn't on the knife properly I couldn't cut the vegetables nicely.
Maya's Top Tips:
Always wash your hands after touching raw meat.
Wash salad vegetables in cold water to keep them fresh.

Though it was hard and took a long time to prepare and cook, it was worth it in the end because it was absolutely delicious, and I was very proud of myself!

Comments

  1. You should be proud of yourself darling. I know lots of adults who can't make a roast dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts