The Cake and Bake Show 2017- Excel, London

As part of my busy foodie weekend, I visited The Cake and Bake Show at Excel, London. Almost every year, I visit the Ideal Home Show at Christmas at London Olympia, so this year I decided as a foodie to give The Cake and Bake show a try.
My advice to you dear readers is; don’t waste the time, effort or money, it’s really not worth it.

However, whilst there were a few 
interesting displays, (e.g a giant cake), it was mainly just stalls selling bakeware. (What’s worse, The Cake and Bake Show hardly had any cake!
That’s like walking into a supermarket which only sells clothes.
So much for my plan to get a nice slice of cake and a latte for the journey home…) 


On the website, The Cake and Bake Show is advertised as a great food related event for all ages, with plenty of great bakes to try and “classes” which “teach” you how to make delicious little delicacies. Don’t be fooled by these "promises"  as I was dear readers, as I write from experience.
My mum had booked me one of these “classes” as a surprise for when we got to The Cake and Bake Show.
It was to make lemon meringue éclairs, for which I was very excited. However upon further enquiry after I arrived, I found that these “classes” were just demonstrations that you had to pay for, with no interaction or hands on experience whatsoever!
So basically my mum had paid £6 for a demonstration. Wait, I’ll say that again: a demonstration!!!

Well I said it before dear readers and I’ll say it again, don’t waste the time, effort or money on these shows- you’ll just wind up disappointed. 

Value for money: ★
Service: ★★
Décor: ★

Comments

Popular Posts