Let the adventure begin!

Posted by Mum:

So what's the deal behind this blog?
Part of a New Year project for Maya and myself was about spending some quality time together learning about something she loved and the obvious answer was food!

I wanted Maya to learn to understand and appreciate food for herself by experience and adventure!
We've done the whole 'kids baking and cooking' thing, but seriously.... there's only so many cutsie cupcakes I can stomach.
Most of the cookbooks and websites I've come across focus on cooking with your kids, but there's more to food than cooking right?

We eat with our eyes, noses and mouths! So why does the majority of 'kids' foods on restaurant menus follow the same old formula? Where is the gastro experience for kids?

Maya and I love watching food shows together and she's fascinated by 'Master Chef South Africa' at the moment. She asks a lot of questions and wonders about a lot of what she sees. How do I answer them for her? I have no idea!

I'm hoping to create a bespoke adventure in food for Maya by trial and error and let her tell you what she thinks of the experience.

First up............. Taste tests.
Let the adventure begin!




Comments

  1. A great idea! I'm looking forward to following the adventure. I hope I'll get to taste some of the experiments :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts